Last week, after a successful public beta, we shipped Unity 3.5. Thank you to the 50,000+ beta users who helped make this one of our best releases to date.
This free update represents another massive expansion of the capabilities of your favorite game engine. Some of the highlights include:
- Completely redesigned particle system "Shuriken": A lot more power and configurability at better performance with great new tools.
- Another iteration of Umbra occlusion culling - delivering higher quality at much better baking speeds.
- Brand new level of detail system - allowing you to easily tweak your runtime workload without compromising results.
- New HDR and linear space lighting options - facilitating awesome visuals by giving you those all important tweakables.
- Google Chrome Native Client deployment: Webplayers no longer require a plugin install to run in Google Chrome.
- Built-in pathfinding and local navigation: Quickly bake a NavMesh in the editor and use it for player or AI navigation with runtime avoidance.
For a list of the more than 400 new features and improvements in Unity 3.5, check out the release notes.